who makes a tiny metal hand shovel ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
Got this , unit used but new to us stove.that does not have an ashpan... It is the Hitzer sideloader....
I asked yall about it while back...
It has this small "ledge" catches some ash.. Very narrow... a pain to clean.....
So I figured a nice heavy duty small kiddy---sand shovel... but course steel ,etc to get that ash, embers,etc, etc...
Oh and thanks Hitzer... for nothing ... not being able to get us an owners manual.... Shame on them..
Thanks YALL.
keep safe and warm.....
Jean

I got one at menards. I have a square and a round one. Use them to dig my craw space with, but it works great for ashs.

Smokinj
do you mean a garden trowel ? I have lots of them. Naw that wont help.... Got several fireplace shovels but way to wide to get in that lipped ledge... can you post a pic of yours???
Hubby said he could bend the edge tip of a wide putty knife>>> He is usually brillant and inventive as usual
Thanks yall
Jean

Smokinj
do you mean a garden trowel ? I have lots of them. Naw that wont help.... Got several fireplace shovels but way to wide to get in that lipped ledge... can you post a pic of yours???
Hubby said he could bend the edge tip of a wide putty knife>>> He is usually brillant and inventive as usual
Thanks yall
Jean

Yes its a garden tool. Looks just like a shovle. It comes in flat edge and pointed. Minispade!. Its maybe 20-24 inchs long total minispade11.jpg

Got this , unit used but new to us stove.that does not have an ashpan... It is the Hitzer sideloader....
I asked yall about it while back...
It has this small "ledge" catches some ash.. Very narrow... a pain to clean.....
So I figured a nice heavy duty small kiddy---sand shovel... but course steel ,etc to get that ash, embers,etc, etc...
Oh and thanks Hitzer... for nothing ... not being able to get us an owners manual.... Shame on them..
Thanks YALL.
keep safe and warm.....
Jean
http://www.fireplaces-rochester-ny.com/manuals/HITZER/

Is your stove in this link?

zap

How about this one - $4.00 at Home Depot. I have one for my stove. It's 5" wide at the shovel end and 20" long. All steel and works great.

a44ecc35-1cfa-4d05-9ab0-45745df60ea7_400.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
There are lots of options. I use a metal dustpan I found at the grocery store. It's easy enough to stick a handle on it. Entrenching tools are made completely of metal. Spatulas are made of metal.

There are lots of options...

Matt

So a garden trowel & fireplace tools are too big? How about a big spoon? Serving spoon or one like a cafeteria sever scoops mashed potatoes with...
Cut &/or bend it to the perfect size & shape.

or just leave the bit of ash in there...just sayin'

Reactions: smokinj
We've used one for years like Frank pictured. Works good.

How about this one - $4.00 at Home Depot. I have one for my stove. It's 5" wide at the shovel end and 20" long. All steel and works great.

a44ecc35-1cfa-4d05-9ab0-45745df60ea7_400.jpg
I v got a few of those.

Mr Woopee, wheres Chumley and tennesee tuxedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.