Who Makes/Made/Where to get parts for Bradford Snowblower.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backpack09

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2007
Rochester, Mass
I have a lead for an old snowblower, runs great Throws great, but the cluch/drive setup is toast. Does anyone know where I could hunt down the parts for one of these. I have most of a model number, and all of a serial number, but google is failing me.

And to make this THE GEAR approved, this blower will make a path to my woodpile for me. :coolhmm:

Thanks,
Dan

A lot of the old blowers were made by companies that are long gone. Gilson was a big one. If ebay has no mention of the model or the parent company then you are buying a good running engine only.

Backpack just put a plow on a garden tractor...you can plow snow 10x faster than you can blow it. sure it doesn't like as nice.

savageactor7 said:
Backpack just put a plow on a garden tractor...you can plow snow 10x faster than you can blow it. sure it doesn't like as nice.

Perhaps I am the only person who does not see the logic in this response... I am looking at maybe spending 75$ to get a usable snowblower to run a path to my snow pile.... not thousands of dollars for a tractor and plow...

My yard has too many fences, gardens, decks, pools, gravel, planters and gates that make a lawn tractor useless. I sold the one that the PO left when we bought the house... the 99$ mower from walmart works much better.

And I am not looking to plow/blow my driveway, half of it is gravel, and all of my vehicles are awd or 4wd.

I guess I am going to have to dig into this Bradford a bit and see if I can make it work with another blowers drive mechanism.

Thanks....

Everything I've heard about putting plows on a garden tractor is that it's an approach that ONLY works w/ light snow, or a serious size tractor, and only if you will have enough place to push the nth storm into after the banks from the N-1th storm have frozen... Snowblowers are much better at getting rid of LOTS of snow...

I had some luck getting advice on an old Ariens at this Gilson Snowblower page, and I think they had a link to a couple of other good snowblower sites... I suspect what you may have is a private label version of a more common machine, if you can identify it, then it may be something easy to get parts for...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.