who needs a wood shed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wood

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2008
Dutchess Cty, NY
Maybe I do? Do ya think?

Attachments

• DSC04295w.jpg
    DSC04295w.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 717
  • DSC04297w.jpg
    DSC04297w.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 723
  • DSC04298w.jpg
    DSC04298w.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 705
Looking good to me. I do the same thing by snowblowing a path to this seasons wood. Next seasons wood is buried and I'll start to see it again in the spring!

Yep, you sure do......that would SUCK! Cheers!

fortydegnorth said:
I think you're past a shed and should jump straight to a warehouse for that stockpile. How many cords do you have there?

Last count was Dec 30 and I was at 19.5 cords. Since then I have not added any and have certainly used some!

Got Wood said:
Maybe I do? Do ya think?

Looks great the way it is. It also looks like your 3-4 years ahead, nice job.

Zap

Cool, you could have a paint ball tournament there......but then all your wood would get dirty.
I am in the same boat as you...probably shovel/snowblow more of the woodpile than my own driveway

Got Wood said:
fortydegnorth said:
I think you're past a shed and should jump straight to a warehouse for that stockpile. How many cords do you have there?

Last count was Dec 30 and I was at 19.5 cords. Since then I have not added any and have certainly used some!

That's all ya got? Heck that is what Zap and Backwood Savage's kindling piles look like lol ...

Ray

raybonz said:
Got Wood said:
fortydegnorth said:

That's all ya got? Heck that is what Zap and Backwood Savage's kindling piles look like lol ...

Ray
I'm not worthy...... LOL

Got Wood said:
raybonz said:
Got Wood said:
fortydegnorth said:

Ray
I'm not worthy...... LOL

Seriously though that is quite a nice collection! You must heat 24/7 with wood too..

Ray

Got Wood said:
fortydegnorth said:

Here

Wow. Here on the other side of the Hudson, I only have about 5 cords and not stacked as nice as yours.

Beautiful. Wish I had that wood supply. You might try a tarp on one of the piles at a time. Cheaper than a shed.

bboulier said:
Beautiful. Wish I had that wood supply. You might try a tarp on one of the piles at a time. Cheaper than a shed.

Thats pretty funny actually. All but the Holz Hauzen and one stack ARE top covered, either with a tarp or metal from the side of an above ground pool.
The next to last stack on the left is what I'm currently burning from and I am wrestling with snow covered tarps on it.

bboulier said:

Unfortunately that has been my tactic and I now have racks covered in snow and my tarp rolled up in a ball on the ground, I need a shed :-(

If you stack on pallets with two down / two up (and multiples of that combo) just span the stack with 8' 2x4's and put a couple pallets on top - then tarp on the very top. Yes, you still have to clear a path but at least your not dealing with moving tarps all the time.

I am going to build one this summer - Looking for used telephone poles right now to use as posts. Im thinking 20x10x7 open front with and slotted sides to let air circulate around

Status
Not open for further replies.