Who needs dry wood when you've got a leaf blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA. Woodsman

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2007
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
I went outside tonight and saw big clouds of smoke around and it smelled and looked like someone's house was on fire, but it turns out it was just the idiot that lives 4 homes down once again trying to burn unseasoned Pine in a firepit. He tried this last year and doesn't get the point that if you would actually split the rounds and let them lay around in the sun and wind you might have better success with it, but he thinks you can just throw huge pieces of Pine on there in big round form and it'll be fine. When he coudn't get it going, he started his leaf blower and was trying to fan the fire by using that, and his dog was very near the fire and actually got up and moved away. And I can tell that this guy isn't going to be one that I could talk to and try to convert to using dry or even semi-dry wood, just can tell he wouldn't be interested in listening and would probably give me an attitude. So if you are behind in getting your wood in this Fall/Winter don't worry, just bring your leaf blower in and crank 'er up! <> :confused:

Sounds like a great way to scatter flaming embers all over the yard!

A REAL (crazy) man would have used petroleum to get that thing going. Nothing like a good diesel/gas mix. Ugh.

I'm grumpy. I slept with the windows open last night. Someone nearby had a nasty, smoldering campfire that permeated the house. Woke me up with that stinky fog...

Hey, if you can't afford to buy a can of "off" to keep the bugs away you might as well try to poison them with CO.....right? ;lol

Reactions: chazcarr and Knots
Someone with a female voice at the end really understood what was happening. She was not happy.

Yikes!! Imagine being down-wind of THAT!

I like this idea.

Me too.

In fact, the fire fans were required by my burn permits when I burned huge piles of slash. The extra air increases the fire temperature and cleans up the smoke.

I've let leaf blowers run at full blast for hours to develop a nice slash fire. Weed burners work well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.