who says steam heat is inefficient

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see a published third party test of the system efficiency, I will get excited until then, I wish them luck getting a patent. I expect we will be seeing them on Dragons Den.

Not buying it. Its either another snake oil youtube video or the guy has no idea how to measure the output. You can't have a perpetual motion machine.

Hook up the steam output to a generator and see if it produces enough energy to run the electric motor. Bet it doesn't.

You might get more energy in raw steam output, but once you do something with that steam, there will be a loss in efficiency. Unless all you want is a steam machine. What ever device the steam powers will consume some of that 100% efficiency.

Flatbedford said:
You might get more energy in raw steam output, but once you do something with that steam, there will be a loss in efficiency. Unless all you want is a steam machine. What ever device the steam powers will consume some of that 100% efficiency.

Good point. I wonder how efficient a nuclear reactor is when you jsut consider the steam it makes?

but guys, what you're not considering is that the narrator of the video has an accent. that must raise the efficiency by at least 25%

m0jumb0 said:
but guys, what you're not considering is that the narrator of the video has an accent. that must raise the efficiency by at least 25%

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.