Who uses a battery back up / UPS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jeffd3889 said:
I was wondering what the best size UPS would be. I want to have the extra surge protection and be able to run the stove for a few hours in case of a power outage. Is anyone else using these? if so what model?

I use a cyber power 1350 for my stove. It will run the stove for about 20 minutes which gives me plenty of time to fire up the generator. Most will advise to use a pure sine wave unit which is much more expensive. My stove works fine with the less expensive option. I doubt that you will find anything affordable that is large enough to run the stove for two hours. Some are using a marine battery which will run the stove for a much longer period of time. Do a search of the site and you will find many topics on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.