Who wants in on this great deal on some pellets for next winter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Mystic

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2013
Western North Carolina
A buddy of mine is always scanning the legal section of the newspaper looking for good deals on bankruptcy liquidations and he ran across one that he passed along to me since he new I was a wood burner. It's a freight car of wood chips that was destined for a pulp mill that went out of business. Forty tons of wood chips for only $6000! I checked with UPS and I can send you a 50 lb. bag of the chips for around $35 and the chips are supposed to burn longer and hotter than regular pellets. So, who wants in? I'm taking delivery next weekend, so I want to line up sales as soon as possible as the wife is not going to be thrilled with this sitting in the yard for too long.

Let me check my calendar...what's today's date?

Reactions: WiscWoody
uh, i was just taking out my check book. if they burn 8x longer, I'll take a few bags.

I don't burn pellets, but could I use them to fuel my car?

Reactions: WiscWoody
Ah. Got me. Please send my check back ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.