Whole House Humidifier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK-1

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2006
I'm thinking about installing a whole house humidifier on my oil furnace. According to the furnace manual, it does accept a humidifier if I choose to install one. The wiring diagram illustrated in the manual is kinda weird because it doesn't show where the wires are coming from that connects to the humidifier. I'm thinking about getting the drum style humidifier from Lowes (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=185806-40586-DS2001C&lpage=none).

Anyone have a whole house humidifier installed on their furnace?.. Does it really work?.. Any tips on installing one?..

"Anyone have a whole house humidifier installed on their furnace?.. Does it really work?"

I do have one and it does work....but I don't run the furnace as I burn wood ;-)
The only bad thing i'll say about them is if you have hard water/a lot of minerals in your water the filter will foul easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.