Who's our most northern burner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
username: arcticnorth from Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada Latitude: 63.751476 / Longitude: -68.519022

And EddyKilowatt, are you downhill from LaHonda because I'm also at 37, but closer to the bay than the ocean.

Hello all,
looking for the furthest north people?
Well theres Nacmacfeegle, living in Aucheblae, Scotland, thats 6 miles further north than me, we are further north than fairfax and Nova Scotia.

the members from New Zealand might be a bit further south than our Ca members

I think Articnorth wins this contest!

That place is way, way above where any wood grows - as I remember he was going to burn dunnage and pallets, etc. from freight.

Scotland...never thought about it as far north, but I guess it is - somewhat like Denmark. Yet you are relatively warm because of the Gulf Stream, etc....I say "relatively", because you don't seem to have glaciers and 200+ inches of snow per year. I was surprised when I visited Belfast and saw the Palm Trees.....turns out that the Ocean and wind currents make it possible.

Cold and wet, I guess....and that is some of the best "stove" weather.

Hello All,
well we are further north than Denmark, where I live is in line with parts of Norway (Oslo) and Sweden.
Ireland and England have much milder climates hence they can grow things that we cant, like palm trees and oak trees. They tend to have a southern European mentality to, ie warm blooded, happier !!
Angus

Agreed arcticnorth is probably the highest. Unless, didn't we also have someone from Fairbanks, AK at some point? That's almost to the Arctic Circle.

Agreed arcticnorth is up there. So is also northof60. Unless, didn't we also have someone from Fairbanks, AK at some point? That's almost to the Arctic Circle.

Edit: Just checked. Ron from Fairbanks, AK has it easily.

Not easily, but Fairbanks is at 64 and change (about 1/2 degree further north than Iqaluit)

Status
Not open for further replies.