Who's ready for fall and hunting to start?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canning venison, just need jars, broth (not gravy, flour is evil when canning) and a pressure canner! Go nuts and make stews and chili with it too, yum!

Why would you need broth? We simply cut in about 1" cubes, stuff it in the jar and put it into the pressure canner. Done it this way for many moons.

Some friends of mine who have been married 35 years decided to rekindle one of their old activities - and go camping on the VA shore next week. Next thing you know, she's posting all over Facebook about the vast amounts of gear they need to buy to do it!

I should tell them "get a room".....

Here's part of a quote:
"Camping takes an overwhelming amount of stuff and preparation....and I was surfing the big "DO IT!" wave~~~~~~
Attitude adjustment taken....
putting away the stove,fuel,mattress,sleeping bags, lanterns, flashlight ,(taking just one) hammer, camping plates, flatwear, dishes, etc.
Same clothes, food, cutting board and knife, water..."

Hmmm....primitive camping is your friend, eh?

It is amazing how many things folks think they need to go camping. Go light and enjoy it!

Hearth Mistress, thanks for the info. I will give it a try this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.