Who's sipping a drink sitting by the stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife is having an Angry Orchard Crisp Apple and has the front row seat where the stove throws the warm stuff. Imagine that! Too hot for me anyway. I would be having a Heineken or a Bud if not for feeling like I was hit by a bus.

Nice pics! No adult beverages here except the wife. I got sick somehow.......... Kids! We are very rarely ill around here and I am miserable. They drag it back home here and there from other sick kids. Great! Two 11 y/o's in 6th grade and one 9 in the 4th. Wife teaches too so I have 4 times the chances but never get sick until now. Pity Party over.

Think I found a great used stove today lying around in misery, so it's not all bad. Price is right too. Not saying yet until it's here. Going Sunday and I have first dibs.

Reactions: bogieb
What's up with all the Apple drinks. Must have missed that memo.......

IMAG1173.jpg

Reactions: dafattkidd
I'm jealous. I'm stuck at work until midnight. My house is most likely freezing cold right now. I wish I could teach my parrots to maintain my stove.

Sitting here in my recliner with the insert stove across the room sipping on Gatorade and trying eat a homemade Sugar cookie. Just had a Wisdom tooth removed yesterday. The cookie is my first solid food since Wednesday evening.

2005 Williams Selyem Precious Mountain Vineyard...it's Friday after all!!

Reactions: bags
DogfishHead Punkin for me, Pinot Grigio for the Mrs. We never used to sit in the room the stove it in. Now it's t-shirt weather in here. What a difference.

Narraganset Coffee milk stout and a 5-Vegas A cigar

Reactions: Peterfield
Testing done. Enjoying a bloody mary :)

I'm having a few Long Trail Ales and watching over my last fire in my old woodstove, waiting on pellet install this Sunday!

I think it's spelled Korbel...here

I just got home from work and deposited my wet (and likely stinky) work boots on the brickwork in front of the stove. My large black tabby is sitting on top, toasting his underside.

I don't consume alcohol so a drink of anything except water or a soda is out of the question....

I was actually using the heat from the stove to apply my snow-seal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Wildo
I am too tired. I have been remodling the room the insert is in since Wednesday. I have to carefully prime and paint the baseboard heat covers white that were originally white but were painted brown to match all the wood T&G 1/2 wall and shelving. The room was straight out of the 1700's Now it looks awesome after ripping all that out sparkling and paint.

Labatt Bleu and the stove is too damn hot to sit next to!

Status
Not open for further replies.