Whose going to jump on this one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Lately I have read a lot of postings that call to mind a need for an online answer, or a book.

Who will write the Wood Burners for Dummies, or the Idiot's Guide to Wood Burning?

Of course it will need a subsection for pellet stoves, and maybe an addenda for coal burners, but sounds like a great DIY classics?

Anyone inspired?

There have been quite of few over the year, including The Book of Heat - by a friend of mine - Stephen Morris (google it)....and others by Garden Way. Chelsea Greene publishing now has a newer one on "natural home heat", featuring wood......

The "dummies" and "idiots" are trademarked series, but they sell big - so maybe I (or someone else) should contact them.

When Stephen was the top dog at Chelsea Greene he wanted me to write a book (they would publish) on wood heat, but writing books is mostly about the ego and accomplishment....in other words, the pay sucks compared to web development. But who knows?

Webmaster said:
There have been quite of few over the year, including The Book of Heat - by a friend of mine - Stephen Morris (google it)....and others by Garden Way. Chelsea Greene publishing now has a newer one on "natural home heat", featuring wood......

The "dummies" and "idiots" are trademarked series, but they sell big - so maybe I (or someone else) should contact them.

When Stephen was the top dog at Chelsea Greene he wanted me to write a book (they would publish) on wood heat, but writing books is mostly about the ego and accomplishment....in other words, the pay sucks compared to web development. But who knows?

Sounds like the best way. The max number of lookers and users or going to go to the authorities: Dummy's, and Idiots. What does that say.

Run with the idea, I have to dumby down every day and it gives me a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.