Whose still waiting for their delivery?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand how it's profitable for him to make 2 trips to your house? If he had all 3 in the yard, why didn't he bring all 3 once?

sounds like he doesn't have a clue about logisitics.

Well, it's a funny thing. I've been buying pellets from the same place for 3-4 years, it's a building supply place, and they offer free delivery from any of their branches. The first year I bought from them, I asked if they would give me a discount on 6 ton of pellets if I had them all delivered at once. "Nope, that's the price, and we deliver free". So, I continue to get 1 ton at a time , on a Friday afternoon when the weather is good, then put it in the cellar about daybreak on Saturday morning. A week or 2 later, do it again..... I guess their feeling is that they have the trucks on the road every day, go right by my house, driver gets paid by the hour, anyway, so whatever, we're all happy .............

Well my wait is over. Lowes delivered 3 tons of nature's own this morning, all placed by the bulkhead door.FYI they were ordered the first or second week of September. $214 a ton, no delivery charge. This is our first year with a pellet stove after burning wood for the last 24 years. Yes I expect a learning curve.

Well, after two months I just got my delivery of lacretes.
Being a newbie, I freaked out, bought a ton of heat'rs a bunch of various bags of anything I could find that was not something rated like crap by you guys(except I bought some North American pellets). I can finally relax a bit and enjoy the stove for the winter, assuming 4 tons will get me by.

Thanks for the advice, this site was a huge help, thank you.

... I freaked out, bought a ton of heat'rs a bunch of various bags of anything I could find that was not something rated like crap by you guys ...

Everyone has been there in "freak-out" mode. I almost ran out of my left-overs from last year before my LaCretes showed up. Ended up picking up a ton of "Sure Fire" that are really nice too. All told just shy of 5 tons (LaCretes came 65 bags to a pallet). I'm still in no hurry for the cold but it's here:(

Remember the lesson you learn here and buy your pellets in the spring.

The spring pre buy here was a whopping $10 per ton discount. My dealer starts getting his spring deliveries in April.

Reactions: briansol
Remember the lesson you learn here and buy your pellets in the spring.
I bought the stove in September, switched from wood then. I ordered pellets the day I got the stove.

I'll be a little more prepared in the future.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Historically, for me, the best prices around have been in july/august, not the spring.

Purchased 3 ton on Saturday 11/8. Delivery set for Monday 11/17.

woodpellets.com delivering several tons to me and neighbor today. We ordered Sept 24. Next year we might order a little earlier. No worries though since we both had plenty left from last season.

Oil is cheap be glad you didn't get your pellets and turn on the pig and top off the tank. Last night I saw $2.69 that is the first time I saw it below 2.70. A lot of articles Ive read talk about oil going down even more to cripple Russia.

After yet another delay the wife reports delivery truck just dropped 2 skids in my driveway. Anyone else feel a little like a kid on Christmas when the delivery comes? I shouldn't be so excited to go home and stack 100+ bags of pellets in my garage.

(LaCretes came 65 bags to a pallet).

That's a very strange number :confused: I got LeCretes last year @ 60 bags/pallet (1.2ton) What did you pay for a 65bag pallet?

Reactions: Pete Zahria
That's a very strange number :confused: I got LeCretes last year @ 60 bags/pallet (1.2ton) What did you pay for a 65bag pallet?

$6/bag Cdn. and I don't mind the 65 bags per pallet. I did pay $5.50 per bag for Sure-Fire pellets but it was a 4 hour round trip to get them. It was worth the trip as I had just about run out of last year left-overs... The local hardware charges $6.50/bag for Indeck which are nasty for ash... I haven't seen anything in from Wal-Mart & Canadian Tire.... We seem to be a pellet dead-zone:(

Oil is cheap be glad you didn't get your pellets and turn on the pig and top off the tank. Last night I saw $2.69 that is the first time I saw it below 2.70. A lot of articles Ive read talk about oil going down even more to cripple Russia.

It still has to drop lower. Almost 80 cents per gallon lower.

Reactions: Wilbur Feral
Mine came this morning. 6 weeks from buying to delivery. I wish I had added two more tons of blazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.