why am i heating in May??!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far north in the Land of Lincoln are ya, Jake? I have an Uncle in Rockford- Just moved out of Des Plaines latter part 2005. Needless to say I don't miss being hostage to the gas furnace at $250 a month................

Jimbob, maybe a better question would be what week do you not burn? :)

Just cleaned the stove, my season is over. I am starting to think someone swapped out stoves and pipe with me while I was gone as I cannot believe how there is litle to no creosote build up. I guess my wood was good and dry and I kept stack temps in the right range.

By the way, the wet sock on the outlet of the Shop Vac is pure genius. It really does catch the stuff that gets past the drywall filter.

what a great idea!! glad you posted about the wet sock as i never read about it and it will come in handy when i stop burning and clean my stove

I couldn't believe it! I had to fire up last night and may have to tonight as well. WE got a cool system blown down here. But hey- I'm not paying PNM for the heat..............

Yes- crazy weather. I've alrady been out in a sleevless shirt working on the wood rack, in good sight of the neighbor................

BeGreen said:
Jimbob, maybe a better question would be what week do you not burn? :)

:lol:

Actually, I haven't burnt in June, July, August, or Sept.
Usually I start up again ~ a week before Hallowee'en.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.