Why didn't someone tell me I should cover up the wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clamp01

Mar 22, 2008
Lansdale, PA
Glad I have half a cord under the patio overhang!
:p

Attachments

• P1000053.jpg
    P1000053.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 671
You should have done a search on the topic, lot's out there %-P

I envy none of you hit by the storm. In December. 30" + was enough for me.

Looks perfectly normal to me, covered with snow!

Sure is pretty though.
Forecast for us to get snow, So I went out & covered the pile, the wind blew & now I'm looking for my tarps, in the snow :)
We got snow last night too, but only 3" so far .
Wind blew snow from wood, but now no wind & snowing again, no tarps
or covered.

Quads would like my wood pile now, IE: "Looks perfectly normal to me, covered with snow"

Snow brushes/knocks/falls off easier than chasing ripped-up tarps around.

Just snow looks pretty.

I live just tad south of a snow/rain line.
Usually get several inches of snow and then rain (as the line moves north and the storm moves northeast), then as the storm goes by the freeze sets in.
Busting splits out that frozen ice and slush is a PITA.

Even pallets cut in half and thrown on top is enough of a cover if I'm going to use that wood this year and we have a weird Winter.

You wanted your wood pile covered so Mother Nature did it for you.

no man said:
Right before that storm hit us the wife said. Maybe you should put some wood in the garage. Glad I did there is a foot of snow on the pile.

Why didn't your wife call mine? :lol: I stacked about a weeks worth last weekend before the storm. Ran out this morning. Wasn't fun digging through that snow, especially since i don't cover my wood

Status
Not open for further replies.