1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Why do I like summer more than winter

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by RedRanger, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRanger

RedRanger New Member

Loc:
    British Columbia
    Love the wood heat, but gardening is my hobby. see if I can get some pics from my forest.??

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WILDSOURDOUGH

WILDSOURDOUGH New Member

Loc:
    Unity, NH
    Sonny-
    Very nice gardens !
    Been so much rain here, everythings growing good -cept the garden. but we did have fresh green beans tonight- yum, yum !
    Wife's lillys dont look as good as yours. (they are first year- maybe next year)
  3. 8nrider

8nrider New Member

Loc:
    new hampshire
    what was your temp this morn wildsourdough? my neighbor had 38 here in marlow.
  4. WILDSOURDOUGH

WILDSOURDOUGH New Member

Loc:
    Unity, NH
    Same- 38. Cold going into work in keene this AM. Had to turn on the heat in the car, as I wore a short sleeve shirt.
  5. 8nrider

8nrider New Member

Loc:
    new hampshire
    new to the site. noticed alot of burners from nh. nice!! been very informative in the boiler room. hopefully burning in a boiler next season.
  6. acesover

acesover New Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    falls the nicest warm during the day cold at night.
  7. colebrookman

colebrookman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middlefield, Ma
    I agree. Fall after a frost with few mosquitoes, a brisk walk in the woods and back home to fresh brewed coffee. What more could you ask for. Then take your nice warm cup of java out to the wood pile as you admire your handy work. Simple living at it's best.

Ed
  8. colebrookman

colebrookman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middlefield, Ma
    Nice pics. We also garden but this year the weeds are terrible. I've been spending the last few days pulling ragweed which loves to hide in the flowers. Of course the seeds can live in the soil for forty years or more, far longer then I intend to be here. So I guess the ragweed will win out after all.

Ed
  9. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Mulch and more mulch. Put down a few inches of shredded leaves in the fall, then bark mulch or more leaves in the spring. Keeps the weeds down, reduces watering needs, reduces soil temp fluctuations, breaks down into beautiful rich compost in place.

I'm lazy- so I use extra mulch.

Nice pics- my flowers and hostas did well this year, some of my veggies suffered from the extra rain (blossom end rot, leaf loss, late ripening)
  10. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

I DON'T Like summer more than winter . . . but if I did, this would be the ONLY reason . . .

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.