Why do I like summer more than winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Love the wood heat, but gardening is my hobby. see if I can get some pics from my forest.??

Attachments

• big screen 020.jpg
    big screen 020.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 535
  • big screen 018.jpg
    big screen 018.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 551
  • big screen 017.jpg
    big screen 017.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 509
Sonny-
Very nice gardens !
Been so much rain here, everythings growing good -cept the garden. but we did have fresh green beans tonight- yum, yum !
Wife's lillys dont look as good as yours. (they are first year- maybe next year)

what was your temp this morn wildsourdough? my neighbor had 38 here in marlow.

Same- 38. Cold going into work in keene this AM. Had to turn on the heat in the car, as I wore a short sleeve shirt.

new to the site. noticed alot of burners from nh. nice!! been very informative in the boiler room. hopefully burning in a boiler next season.

acesover said:
falls the nicest warm during the day cold at night.

I agree. Fall after a frost with few mosquitoes, a brisk walk in the woods and back home to fresh brewed coffee. What more could you ask for. Then take your nice warm cup of java out to the wood pile as you admire your handy work. Simple living at it's best.

Ed

sonnyinbc said:
Love the wood heat, but gardening is my hobby. see if I can get some pics from my forest.??

Nice pics. We also garden but this year the weeds are terrible. I've been spending the last few days pulling ragweed which loves to hide in the flowers. Of course the seeds can live in the soil for forty years or more, far longer then I intend to be here. So I guess the ragweed will win out after all.

Ed

Mulch and more mulch. Put down a few inches of shredded leaves in the fall, then bark mulch or more leaves in the spring. Keeps the weeds down, reduces watering needs, reduces soil temp fluctuations, breaks down into beautiful rich compost in place.

I'm lazy- so I use extra mulch.

Nice pics- my flowers and hostas did well this year, some of my veggies suffered from the extra rain (blossom end rot, leaf loss, late ripening)

I DON'T Like summer more than winter . . . but if I did, this would be the ONLY reason . . .

Attachments

• swim_2.jpg
    swim_2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 399
Status
Not open for further replies.