why does no one list there prices ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shayneyasinski

Feb 12, 2008
canada
you always have to talk to a dealer or request a quote that justs puts you on a junk mail list.
I am looking for a boiler and I see all kinds of stuff out there some looks like it would be a good idea so I make a call and listen to some guy run up my long distance to explain to me what a btu is only to tell me his unit is 30 grand!!
whatever the price it would be nice to at least see a msrp to see what you are looking at.

I agree that it would be helpful, but prices change quickly with the season and with the value of the dollar. Any posted price sits there forever, and is out of date pretty quickly.

For instance, the EKO 25 is now close to twice what I paid for it 2 1/2 years ago. Dealers don't want to have people ticked off from the start.

There's also an argument to be made that the price from any individual source includes some level of support. These things are complicated, and there's at least the potential that a good dealer could add a lot of value above and beyong simply selling you the unit. As an obsessive control freak, I just want the hardware, but I can see the benefits of a model that includes a lot of design help and packaging as part of the sale.

S,

Nofos right. If you need a price range post it. Most of us here know price ranges for models and brands.

Later.

shayneyasinski said:
I am looking for a boiler and I see all kinds of stuff out there some looks like it would be a good idea so I make a call and listen to some guy run up my long distance to explain to me what a btu is only to tell me his unit is 30 grand!!
If you use Skype, it will only cost you a penny a minute to listen to a salesman.

Cozy Heat (top banner) lists prices for the EKO boilers. They're the only one I know of that does.

Since boilers are rarely sold "over the counter", listing prices is a tough thing to do. Also, as with lumber and other building materials the price can vary depending on who buys it. A trades person or a plumbing supply house gets a better price than a one-time customer.

This is true in the entire heating market - it's hard to find price lists on furnaces and boilers of any fuel since there is often no such thing as a "retail" price.

Status
Not open for further replies.