Why doesn't New England have natural gas available to them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derecskey

Jun 25, 2008
Geauga, OH
With the price of fuel oil... why does much of New England go without gas? If we can run pipelines from the arctic circle, certainly we can lay a distribution network in New England... ?

I suspect it's because we are too rural. For example I live in a town with a population of approx. 700 people spread over 35 square miles. It would not be cost effective to get the pipe lines to all or even half of the houses. The village itself only has about 50 houses in it. Most of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine are like this.

In that case, I think we should remove some of your electoral votes.

(And the 3 electoral votes of the District of Columbia while we're at it.)

There is a pipeline. My inlaws in Concord are on it.
But in rural areas its just no cost effective for the companies.

Sorry Bud, but we're already at the minimum already and what does that have to do with NG?

Status
Not open for further replies.