Why i love My Big E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
I forgot to clean it last spring.it looked a bit rust inside(Humid Summer). I vacuumed the ash out of the burn pot hit the on button and away we go warming me up once more.

I'm moving the Big e into the garage so i can work in there next winter.i would not feel right about sell it.

John

Garage = GAS FUMES , not good to have an open flame heating device in a garage pellet or wood stove , fumes you know.

buildingmaint said:
Garage = GAS FUMES , not good to have an open flame heating device in a garage pellet or wood stove , fumes you know.

No gas in there. ive know pepole that heat there small engine shop's for years with wood.

I'm putting my Big E into my garage as well. I talked to my plumber about it and he said it wasn't against Vermont code to put one in the garage as long as it's 18" off the floor. Mine is only going to be run when I'm in the shop and obviously I'm not going to light anything if I smell gas vapors.

zeta said:
johnnywarm said:
I'm moving the Big e into the garage so i can work in there next winter.

I'd check the code first but that's just me.

Zeta thanks.I will ask the town first.

The Big E rocks.

I know a lot of wood pellet stoves and wood stoves that been running in garages with no problem. Just because they are there does not make it right.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.