why i married her.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you got it Defiant..beer is always on deck when i'm at the wheel! just noticed Old Lyme as your hometown...i was born in New London! still have tons of family up in CT..all over the state and spread out through RI and MASS.

One of our sons was stationed at New London. Married a CT girl while he was there. So we too have been to New London. Not a bad place at all.

Haha...that's how my Dad met my Mom. He was from TX but was on an old diesel sub and was stationed there. My mom grew up there and the rest is history.

That's neat Riggs.

Boy meets girl; girl meets boy. Things happen! lol It usually works out well. My son got married in 1987 so his kids are now grown.

Congrats.

Those are great boots. I too love my Red Wings, since I've found them I've bought 4 pairs of them. They tend to last about a 12-14 months for me. Which is about 4 to 6months longer than Justin's or Wolverines that I've tried. They have a great warranty policy, I had one bad pair. They replaced them without blinking a eye. The boot started separating from the shoe sole.

I've had redwings... and was less than satisfied..... a $240 pair of boots should last more than 6 months... and longer than the pair of $50 Herman's from walmart..... but they didn't, with the exact same use...

Yeah, I've been in the money "crunch" situation, or at least I keep telling myself money is tight, almost my entire life. I usually keep everything until it is absolutely dead, same goes for my boots. Had been using a couple pairs of Rocky boots since before the new millennium. One pair was a 400 gram thinsulate for most chores and hunting that involved walking or moderate climates and the other pair was a 1,200 gram thinsulate pac boot. Both pairs worked great until about 2010. Was out pheasant hunting with the 400 gram boots when the entire sole fell off the boot while I was crossing a stream. Man, that was cold. Same season, the soles of both pac boots started losing chunks of rubber while walking through a snow covered field to the goose blind. My buddies were laughing it up pretty good when those Rocky boots failed because after walking through the creek with no sole, I kept on hunting the rest of the day. Same goes for the boots that were falling apart on the way to the blind. By the time I got home, there were no soles left on either of the pac boots. My wife knows that if I am ordering clothes or boots, there are holes in them somewhere so she doesn't even flinch when the packages arrive. Bought another two pairs of equivalent Rocky boots and they are doing just fine right now.

Yeah Riggs, you have a great wife, but I feel the same way about mine. I have no complaints and love my wife to death. She also knows better than to ever "surprise" me with tools or other gear for any of my hobbies. Gift cards used to work great while we were dating, but since it became our money about 5 months prior to our marriage we pretty much don't do gifts anymore other than surprising each other with chores/meals.

Congrats on the 2nd kid and saving for a new house. We got the new house 2 years ago and now we are still saving for a million different things. Saving for something never stops.

Reactions: OldLumberKid
We'll be in touch figuring out this GTG for the FHC, brothers......
Hey, I married a country gal too......she's a looker just like yours, and she'll down a beer with the best of 'em. And I used to drink Yuengling lager religiously......my favorite beer, HANDS DOWN. I've been to the Yuengling factory before, mostly for the free samples.....:)

Summer will be here soon, we need to get the wheels rolling on the GTG.....can ya dig it?

that's good to know...i'll remember that in case anything happens. service really is what matters most these days...there are just too many companies that stop taking care of customers as soon as the sale is done.
I like the boots. Needed new laces - went on line and RW sent them at no charge.

I like the boots. Needed new laces - went on line and RW sent them at no charge.

I don't have laces in my Red Wings . . . I purchase the zipper insert . . . as a dumb firefighter I find it so much easier to just zip up my boots instead of attempting to tie my own shoelaces. ;)

Red Wings are my favorites. I don't know about where yall are but around here if your a union member they give you a 10% discount along with free laces and the little American flag lace holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.