Why is there a Trivet on top of some pellets stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Why is there a Trivet on top of some pellets stoves? They do not get very hot. They come in gold and nickel with trim kits.

Are Trivets on Pellet Stoves Only for looks?

Napoleon's Description of their Trivet
Ornamental Trivet for Napoleon Stoves

Accent your stove with this ornamental trivet, designed for the DGS28-1N, 1100, NPI45 or NPS45.

Attachments

• EF2TrivetSC (1).jpg
    EF2TrivetSC (1).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 571
  • EF2TrivetSC (2).jpg
    EF2TrivetSC (2).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 577
  • NapoleonTrivet.jpg
    NapoleonTrivet.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 584
Gives a spot for the dust to collect.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Gives a spot for the dust to collect.

Eric

Hey Eric

That is probably the best answer!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I love the answers.

Really
The trivet is there so you can sit a kettle of water to place moisture in the air.
If you live in a very dry climate that gets cold, adding a bit of moisture to the air helps relieve the static conditions that come with the dryness.

Many folks suffer from sinus conditions that are irritated by the extreme dryness that comes with very cold weather.

Aside from that, depending on the stove and how hot the top gets, you can actually cook up there too.

Then of course is the esthetics and the dust thing.

Most pellet stoves don't get hot enough to cook on, but will keep a kettle warm enough to steam off and add vapor to the room.

Snowy

Hi Snowy

Thanks

Kinda like "Why do some people paint their outhouse?"

smwilliamson said:
Flip the trivet upside down and have a pan made to inset, then install it back and you have a humidifier. I have seen the dust that collects on EF ii and EF iii 's catchfire outisde the stove

Good idea Scott.

Then I will build a Pellet Fired Sauna! See pics below!!

“Igor Put another bag of Stove Chow in the Sauna Stoveâ€
“I want to feel the HEAT!â€

Igor - “Yes Masterâ€

Attachments

• EF2Sauna.jpg
    EF2Sauna.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 379
  • AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 381
Hello

We finally fired up the stove with the Trivet and I noticed that the Trivet does get really hot!

So it is good for warming!!

Due to lack of killer heat like a wood eater, These pellet eaters don't pump enough water to do much to effect the humidity inside the house. Better off with a humidifier in both cases IMHO.

You could use it to make the house smell better with some warm potpourri?

Status
Not open for further replies.