why only 38lbs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AGPNY

Dec 15, 2013
New york
i started to weighing my pellets bags and there only 38lbs why does the bags says 40lbs ? i feel like i got robbed is this the normal

I've weighed a couple of mine in the past and they were right on the money. I'd first suspect the scale accuracy. I'd hate to think you were getting shorted but I suppose it's possible.

I would hate to think what would happen to a manufacturer around this region that shorted thier bags.

its crazy right the pellets are stove chow, lignetics ,american wood fibern fire ultra i know these are all box store brand

i started to weighing my pellets bags and there only 38lbs why does the bags says 40lbs ? i feel like i got robbed is this the normal
Mob cut:)

Hey the "pound of coffee trick"... now down to 11ozs. Glad we don't have to worry about running out of pellets when the economy tanks. Our bags will just get smaller as the price inflates! I got a week off from work and will go out an weigh every bag in the ton I have wrapped outside.....;)

I got a week off from work and will go out an weigh every bag in the ton I have wrapped outside.....;)[/quote]

Let know how that works out for you!

Did you set the bag on the scale, or did you weigh yourself, then grab the bag and take the weight and subtract yours out?

Scales are more likely to be inaccurate at the low end. Try weighing yourself with the bag in your arms, then subtracting out your weight to get what the bag is.

pen

hey pen i tried what u said and lignetics ,american wood fiber are all 40lbs but the othere are still coming out short im so confussed plus my family thinks i;m crazy now they caught me standing on a scale with a bag of pellets on my sholder in my workshop they said i need to go to meets over this pellet problem i have

Reactions: pen
hey pen i tried what u said and lignetics ,american wood fiber are all 40lbs but the othere are still coming out short im so confussed plus my family thinks i;m crazy now they caught me standing on a scale with a bag of pellets on my sholder in my workshop they said i need to go to meets over this pellet problem i have

Think I am going to side with your family!

Reactions: AGPNY
Status
Not open for further replies.