Why would my technician do this ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emitchell

Nov 8, 2016
So we have a Lennox cozy cottage propane fireplace and we had the same technician ( only one in our area ) in mupltiple times to fix/replace parts on our fireplace multiple times / multiple parts .. anyways we put in multiple complaints about his work and the last visit he replaced our pilot assembly and burners .. needless to say that was the last time he will come to my house .. when we went to start our pilot light last month our thermpal couple is cracked in half .. so here is where we have the problem we are trying to remove the pilot assembly to put a new one in and I can't seem to get at the last two cables/ tubes that are connected under the stove off . So do we have to remove the base plate to access them ? The problem is he has cocked the base plate and screws in so I am having a hard time removing the last two screws is this normal to do this ? The stove never had cocking on it before so why would he do this now ? Pictures attached ! Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated .

Attachments

• IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4321.JPG
    IMG_4321.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 178
Isn't there a cavity under the fire box that you can access from the front of the fireplace?
I can't tell from the pictures. Both the pilot tube & the thermocouple are attached to the
gas control valve which is located in that cavity. I will be honest when I tell you that working
to service these units was not taken under consideration during the design stages. I've
been slice, ripped gouged & burned attempting to work on them.
That being said, removing the plate may be your only option.

This is very similar to the type we have but an older model .. I can see the lines where they connect if I look under the stove but there is not enough clearance for me to get something in there to even loosen the bolts to disconnect the line .. so the only options seem to be take that plate off where it's cocked or try to remove the box on the side with the pilot light switch to access the back of it ..

Attachments

• IMG_4333.JPG
    IMG_4333.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 121
Also we tried to take the plate off inside the stove but there seems to be screws that come up from underneath with no way to access them as well so I guess taking the box off on the side might be our only option .

Status
Not open for further replies.