Why would this burn better than a basket full of pellets in the stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the "brick" tangent. Did a little local checking and "Eco Bricks" available in my area are right at $200.00 a ton. Not a super bargain but I may just get some to play with and get a first hand experience. http://ecobrick.net/

They also make the claim that a ton of bricks is equal to a cord of hardwood, still kind of tough for me to swallow that

ANeat said:
They also make the claim that a ton of bricks is equal to a cord of hardwood, still kind of tough for me to swallow that

Technically, basswood and cottonwood are both hardwoods, so... :roll:

That's a real sweet deal on them there bricks. See if you can try just a couple of sleeves first. My local dealer said I can buy one sleeve of 20 bricks for $8 I believe. I think BeGreen here on Hearth.com did a report on them a while back. Do a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.