Wide open burn....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redox said:
...I'm not sure this is on topic...

Hey, we're talkin' about upside down underwear here, Chris. :mad: Rick

fossil said:
Redox said:
...I'm not sure this is on topic...

Hey, we're talkin' about upside down underwear here, Chris. :mad: Rick

Burn them stoves wide open and you will be talking about pucker holes in underwear.

Once you have a nicely established fire, keep an open mind and a partially closed primary. Rick

fossil said:
Once you have a nicely established fire, keep an open mind and a partially closed primary. Rick

Or an open beer and partially closed primary.

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

Or an open beer and partially closed primary.

Geez, I hate those partially closed beers! Rick

When I shoot my keyboard off with my " I'm an old guy and know everything" attititude , I find it more gratifying to be showered with praise for my knowledge and insight.

However, I'll take the good advice as a good thing and I'm glad I posted because there may be others with the same idea as far as wide open burn in the new stoves.

None of the directions with new stove discuss this directly ( OK - I didn't really read them, but I bet if I did I wouldn't find this point being made) so this thread may save some "over fires"

Beanscoot- I'll keep an open mind on the underwear too -

but I'll try it as a shirt first.

Gerry, all of us old guys know everything, and we don't need no stinking directions. Problem is, the older I get the more I find that I actually know a whole lot less than back when I really did believe I knew everything. Guess I'm getting dumber. :lol: Forums like this sure do help, though. Rick

at least the guy in picture was smart enough to cut out the bad part of the underpants to make a neck hole. If not people would think he was a real SH_ _ Head

fossil said:
Gerry, all of us old guys know everything, and we don't need no stinking directions. Problem is, the older I get the more I find that I actually know a whole lot less than back when I really did believe I knew everything. Guess I'm getting dumber. :lol: Forums like this sure do help, though. Rick

So it's the forum that's making you dumber? ;)

The directions that came with my stove don't really give much attention to the operation, just the installation. If not for reading things on the interweb I wouldn't even know what secondary burn is.

Noah said:
...So it's the forum that's making you dumber? ;)

Oh no...not the way I see it. This forum is making me a lot smarter about how dumb I really am. :lol: Rick

Actually....I burn the way that Gerry described quite often, and haven't had any problems and the pipe stays clean as well. It's really not that hard to do, you just have to watch your thermometers-just like watching a speedometer on a car!

I don't think everyone is saying that the method of controlling the heat by managing the wood doesn't work, but that it's not as efficient since the wood gasses are mostly going up the flu instead of being burned.

I dunno ... that cottons gonna unravel <OH DO I HAVE AN ICON FOR THIS SPOT> ;-P

I wonder what they did then?

Gerry, one thing I have noticed here, is that one doesn't have to don a flame suit for being a BOLD poster. It's a wonderful thing :coolsmile:

cmonSTART said:
Wow. I guess I don't have to worry. I'm 29 and I already know everything. :bug:

Fossil: “Aye...it’s drivin’ me nuts!” LOL I love that joke!

Yeah, but whatintheheck is a "Laser/GPS guided, gyro stabilized MagLev CTC maintenance system" and whereintheheck do I get one????? :)

Chris

Redox said:
Yeah, but whatintheheck is a "Laser/GPS guided, gyro stabilized MagLev CTC maintenance system" and whereintheheck do I get one????? :)

I think we call them chimney brushes. :lol:

Redox said:
...Yeah, but whatintheheck is a "Laser/GPS guided, gyro stabilized MagLev CTC maintenance system" and whereintheheck do I get one????? :)

I'm sorry, Chris, but you can't get one, at least not any time soon. The technology is in its infancy and is proprietary and secret...but very promising for a future market. In simple terms, these systems suspend my steel stoves in very powerful toroidal magnetic fields to maintain the required minimum clearances to combustibles in all three dimensions...actually four dimensions when you take into consideration the fact that they operate perpetually. There's not much more I can tell you about these systems without violating my agreement with my partners in development, except that during the current phase of testing we've had to add some additional EMI shielding to other things in our house, like the microwave and the clocks and pretty much everything else, including the cats and the dog. We've been buying a whole lot of aluminum foil. But we're getting some of these bugs worked out. We're actively seeking venture capital funding to further our development of this exciting new technology. Rick

I've been cleared to release this photo of a prototype of just one of the many exciting cutting-edge innovations being developed by our gifted staff, as it cleverly and effectively conceals the sophisticated underlying technology. Rick

Attachments

• shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 227
I'll smoke whatever he's smokin' ;-P

fossil said:
I've been cleared to release this photo of a prototype of just one of the many exciting cutting-edge innovations being developed by our gifted staff, as it cleverly and effectively conceals the sophisticated underlying technology. Rick

Rick are you also working on that great bigfoot find?

BeGreen said:
Rick are you also working on that great bigfoot find?

C'mon, BG...you know I can't talk about that.

One more thing on those tank tops. I thought it was pretty stylish, so I cut one to wear around the yard. It didn't fit too well though. Maybe it was the boxers......

Status
Not open for further replies.