Wife Approval Rating- Lopi Liberty (by male chauvinist)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just told the old lady to find my blankey.

I just told the old lady to find my blankey.

And you're still breathing?

She didnt hear me, made sure of that

Skooter said:
Hey now.... I do just as many things as my husband.. (Until last March when a flat bed tow truck backed into me as I drove by him)
Now all I can do is keep the fire going. Which is probably fine with him because if it weren't for me being laid up our house would be freezing, because I'd be out hunting!

Now you're talking! A true Michigander.

[quote author=" They may never find what is left of his body, if he keeps going down this rocky road ;-)[/quote]

Just be sure you freeze him before you put him in the chipper! ;-)

Backwoods.... :cheese: you know it! Gun season is only 2 days away!!!! I can't shoot my gun but am thinking of having hubby load up my cross bow.

Johnny B..... ewwwwwwwwww

Go get em' Tiger!

I've told this story before on the forum but the first stove we got was a used clunker. I insisted on giving burning wood for heat a try so it was on my shoulders if it didn't work out. We paid to have it installed by a professional.

First time I went to fire it up I knew nothing about getting a draft going,etc and proceeding to promptly fill our downstairs with smoke and even had to resort to putting water on the fire if I remember correctly in an attempt to stop the nightmare. "I TOLD YOU THIS WAS A STUPID IDEA" was yelled a few times by my wife, I do remember that clearly.

Once under control I proceeded to storm out into the garage frustrated beyond belief. In 13 years of marriage, it may be the only time I ever stormed out of the house.

I was sulking in the garage for about 10 minutes when my wife came out and said "It's all set. I have it burning fine..."

That's how it started and it's been a joint love affair with burning wood ever since. My wife routinely starts and maintains both stoves and runs the electric splitter when we split and stack wood together. This is no country girl for sure either. She is a city girl living in the country and usually hates spending time outdoors unless there is a pool or a beach nearby!

Status
Not open for further replies.