Wife cheating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So lately my wife has been working a lot of evening shifts, and for the past couple months she has been carpooling with a male co-worker. At first I didn't mind, I would rather have someone with her in case she has car trouble or something like that, but it seems that they have become a little bit more than friends. You know the scenario, the phone calls that hangup, she starts wearing nice clothes to work, talking about him all the time, etc. I don't know what to think. If I'm out in the garage when she gets home (usually after midnight) he just drops her off and leaves, but if the lights are off in the garage and I'm in the house (they think I'm sleeping) they sit out in the car for like twenty minutes. I asked her once what they were doing, she said "just talking"....whatever. So last night I decide that I'm going to see what really goes on out there. I leave the garage door open, but turn out all the lights. About the time she usually gets home, I go out and hide in the garage and wait. In a few minutes, his car pulls into my driveway, and I'm hiding behind my woodpile. When his headlights shine through the garage and onto my stack, I see something that I just can't believe. I've cut several of my splits with an angle on the ends, do you think i should trim them all square or just burn them?

I'm pretty sure you should divorce those dirty looking splits and send them over to my house so I can dispose of them properly.

I've had this problem before . . . and I truly feel for you . . . but there is an easy solution . . . just leave the angled splits as is as long as they fit in the stove . . . I mean you're not trying to impress your wife with the size or look of your splits right? You just wanna generate some heat . . . and straight cut or angled cut wood will accomplish that . . . as long as the fit is right.

Send that dirty split to my house;lol

Reactions: remkel and TimJ
Ouch. Try to keep your head up, but there are some things that no matter how much you want to ignore it, and how long time goes on...they just never heal....crooked cuts are one of them.

If you feel like things are getting out of control you should probably seek help from a pastor/minister/rabbi or wood cutting junkies (us).

My only advice is to try to keep in mind much you loved that firewood before you found out it was crooked. I know that's hard to do, but it may not be worth tearing the family (stack) apart over.

too funny. this is good stuff. i'm gonna have to steal it for facebook or something like that!

im tempted to get out my saw and square up the ends. I havent been able to get time to myself, and that looks to be changing!

If the split refuses to conform to the rules of the stack, Its the first to be burned. No more angled cuts! (Just going through this issue myself, the ends seem to be squaring up on their own, seems they just wanted a little more time and attention from me)

Reactions: buggyspapa
Invite him over with you and her maybe you all can watch the "splits " burn togeather!!

Like my brother said when I helped him out do his firewood a few weeks ago... "the stove does't care what the wood looks like"

I'd leave the splits alone.....but ask the coworker if he can handle a saw and splitter...might come in handy someday

Reactions: schlot
I would be waiting for the next time they pull into the driveway together. Once the car's lights are on the wood pile, fire up the chain saw (while wearing a mask for protection) and head towards the drive side of the car to ask him to keep the lights on while you clean up the mess.

Reactions: keninmich
i shoulda seen that coming. after all, this is the woodshed forum.

approach him with your chainsaw and ask if he's got any suggestions about how to get blood off the curtains.

I would be waiting for the next time they pull into the driveway together. Once the car's lights are on the wood pile, fire up the chain saw (while wearing a mask for protection) and head towards the drive side of the car to ask him to keep the lights on while you clean up the mess.
I'm sure after that he'll have his own mess to clean.....I know that would make my underwear dirty

I was once involved with a warped tramp like that, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get it to fit into my stove. I ended up throwing her out of the house. She made it for a while, but eventually died in a horrible fire pit accident.

Good riddance!

Reactions: Danno77 and Defiant
I was once involved with a warped tramp like that, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get it to fit into my stove. I ended up throwing her out of the house. She made it for a while, but eventually died in a horrible fire pit accident.

Good riddance!
Best reply of the thread. Just vague enough to keep one worried about whether the tramp is a who or a what!

Reactions: remkel
I would nominate this for a "thread hall of fame" if such a sub-forum existed

Status
Not open for further replies.