Wife compatibility test...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
Well folks, tonight is the night.

I convinced my beloved to by a stove with geat promises of how warm things would be. So far, it's been great! Temperatures have consistently been much warmer than our B.S. Days (Before stove) and we've used a negligible amount of propane for the season.

We've been away for two days, the house was at 56 three hours ago, and we have maybe two or three hours before bed. The living room is sitting pretty in the 70's, but other rooms are still in the low sixties. It is presently 4 degrees outside. The way things are headed, I'm guessing we'll hit 5 to 10 below. It's dead calm and clear!

So... I'm finally ready to try a full load of hornbeam tonight. Come morning, we'll see if the stove can keep us happy. If not...

Wish me luck!

Reactions: huauqui
I believe the both of you will be happy. Burn on tonight.

She and the stove are officially compatible! The temp bottomed out at 1 degree and made it back to 15 by early morning. (Our seasonal low until last night was 10-12) She really wasn't convinced the house would stay warm overnight, but come morning, the stove room was still 70, and upstairs was a little cool at 66, but still nice and comfy. By the time she made it out of the shower, the stove was back doing some heavy lifting and heat was pouring upstairs.

Life is good.

Also, the hornbeam made the nicest coal bed I've seen.

Very nice! Happy wife... Happy life. Or as grandfather would say "happy wife or there'll be no peace (piece) at night" always with a grin and a wink!

Reactions: Squisher
Status
Not open for further replies.