wife got shocked by wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Static can be pretty harsh. Several years ago, in the dead of winter, wearing my buffalo hide moccasins on the carpet, the phone rang, I came from the other end of the house to get it, and my wife from the other.. she was looking right at the phone in the cradle when I reached for it.

From about an inch away, an arc fired off my finger and struck the phone, blew it out of it's cradle and killed it, the flash lit the room. Hand tingled for an hour. RH in the house was probably around 10%. That was the year we added a humidifier to the heat pump system..

BUT.. I would for sure put a DMM on that stove and make sure it's not electrically hot.

The OP must have got zapped too. No word from him yet.

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.