Wife keeps complaining about lots of dust/lint in the living space where stove runs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I saw the title I thought...here's a chance to crack wise....and ya'all beat me too it.
I have to remember the pack a seabag line and that one about the broomstick.

fataugie said:
As soon as I saw the title I thought...here's a chance to crack wise....and ya'all beat me too it.
I have to remember the pack a seabag line and that one about the broomstick.

Where are you at in western NY??. I was in the Navy hence the seabag thing...... :coolsmile:

So my wife wanted something that went from zero to 200 in less than 5 seconds. I bought her a bathroom scale for Christmas. And then the fight started... Hijacked thread now! Got the seabag crack, water is a good thing.

woodsman23 said:
I was in the Navy hence the seabag thing...... :coolsmile:

Then this whole thing is skuttlebutt to you. Navy Sub Service here in the '60's.

After listening to this now and in the past, apparently there are those who have issues with dust. I have thought many were going from a forced air system to pellets. If that is the case, the air moves slower with a stove and thus the filtering of the forced air system is not picking up some dust. The lint issue is house keeping and not stove, and the stove issues with dust should only be in the stove room.

I took a solution from my shop and bought a commercial HEPA four stage filter. It's about the size of two boxes of tissue and sits on it's back with the filter up. Air comes in from the top and is diffused out the bottom. The 1&2 filter need to be cleaned about every sixty days and the 3&4 get replaced each year. I used the same system at the shop in the office next to the computer. My comp tech took a hunk out of my hide when he saw the fur balls in it. It was about $60 and plain jane as hell, but it works great.

I still get some lint and a few fur balls from the cat, but no post Mt.St. Helens look in the house.

Make sure you have a hepa filter and or drywall bag in your vac when you clean your stove most costomers who complain about dust is missing the filters in the vac.

tjnamtiw said:
woodsman23 said:
I was in the Navy hence the seabag thing...... :coolsmile:

Then this whole thing is skuttlebutt to you. Navy Sub Service here in the '60's.

I was amphibious assault navy seal support. lillte creek va. nam very early 70's. how about them dittybags and get me10 feet of bulkhead.

I guess the easiest solution would be to use your 'alternate heat source' .....

and let her pay the bills:)

Status
Not open for further replies.