Wild Leeks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The wild leeks came up nice when I was in North Carolina, potato leek soup this weekend.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2851.jpg
    100_2851.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 100_2853.jpg
    100_2853.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 410
Ahh, the annual zap wild leek thread. That would be awesome.
We have wild strawberries all over, but they don't even get as big as my little finger fingernail.
Cook the soup on the Liberty, then post pics. :cheese:

Get them fast Zap else the deer will beat you to them.

Jags said:
If ya get back out there, take a nice close up shot for me, would ya?

(and what the heck does GIBIR mean?)

Git It Before It Rots. I'm always cutting blow down so I thought that fit. Jags, I'll get that picture for you.

GIBIR

zapny said:
Jags said:
If ya get back out there, take a nice close up shot for me, would ya?

(and what the heck does GIBIR mean?)

Git It Before It Rots. I'm always cutting blow down so I thought that fit. Jags, I'll get that picture for you.

GIBIR

Thanks Zap. I was doing a bit of reading on the wild leeks (some areas in WI and N. IL also have them). It seems that they are a bit different than the store variety, but can be interchangable.

Backwoods Savage said:
Get them fast Zap else the deer will beat you to them.

The deer have been pounding down the green tops until they get to strong then they leave them alone, plenty enough for everybody.

GIBIR

Ahhhhh....you darn northerners:). Those are Wild Ramps

While I like leeks and proposed to my wife while she was picking them, all I see in those pictures are BTUs :)

That's a lot of leeks, it looks cool how the forest floor looks green. It's weird how you have no green leaves on your trees since my woods is almost fully leafed out (80%) at this point.
Zap, Do you guys get morrel mushrooms growing in your woods?

I love woods as all the wild plants come up, I must get out and get a picture of wild garlic round here, there are loads about this Spring.

Wild leek and potato soup sounds tasty.

Shame you can't smell or taste over the internet........ ;-)

certified106 said:
That's a lot of leeks, it looks cool how the forest floor looks green. It's weird how you have no green leaves on your trees since my woods is almost fully leafed out (80%) at this point.
Zap, Do you guys get morrel mushrooms growing in your woods?

certified106, I'm not a shroom picker so I'm not sure.

GIBIR

SolarAndWood said:
While I like leeks and proposed to my wife while she was picking them, all I see in those pictures are BTUs :)

Solar that is one hill I've never cut on yet but need to get some of the downed wood this year plus clear the trail that runs the base of the hill.

GIBIR

I do the same Zap although I also take the leaners to open up the canopy for the straight stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.