will a jotul 400 castine heat my house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

efoyt

Sep 18, 2008
Maine
I live in central Maine. I have a 1900-2000 sq foot home. It is a ranch with a finished attic ( only one window). My house is extremely well insulated. It is also passive solar ( on sunny days it is 60 - 70 in the house when I get home). I am currently heating my house with a 27 year old russa using 2 cords of wood per year. Last winter the russa lost its burn time...cracks around damper for its cat...so we woke up cold some times. Soooo will the castines 55000 btu's do the job? Here is a link to a pic of my hearth...I can't seam to flip it the right way on my iPad. https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...out-a-crack-in-old-stove.130643/#post-1759507.

Thanks, Ethan

If what you have was working well with that amount of wood, the castine should have no problem heating your house. In fact it will more likely heat your house better.

Status
Not open for further replies.