Will dealers sell just a surround?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SculptureOfSound

Feeling the Heat
Sep 9, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
This probably sounds like a weird question, but I'd rather ask here before asking my dealer as I don't want them to know I'm also looking at used units.

I've found a used insert for sale and intend to make an offer but it has the "wrong surround." This is one of those inserts with multiple surround options and the one listed comes with a basic metal surround versus the fancier cast option that I would definitely want.

So, is there any reason a dealer wouldn't sell just a surround? Do you know if they would likely charge more for the surround when purchased separately rather than as part of a complete insert?

Thanks!

They should sell it. Call up some local dealers and ask.