Will I notice a big difference in heat with blockoff plate installed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leakypuppy

Mar 3, 2008
Northern NJ
When I had my Jotul 550 installed a few years ago the installer told me a block off plate was installed as it was listed on the work order. I called a year after that to ask b/c I was burning very hot and I had hoped for more heat in the room. I pulled the surround off last year during a power outage so the generator could power the the fans and there was NO block off plate installed. So, called back installer and they came out to install the block off plate -- I watched this time. I'm wondering what to expect, will it be a noticeable amount of heat?

Thanks!

I would imagine so. A good amount of your heat was probably going into that big heat sink you call your chimney.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.