will it end?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingcow

Minister of Fire
Jun 4, 2008
northern-half of maine
No blackflies

Attachments

• IMG_20150523_063757_021.jpg
    IMG_20150523_063757_021.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 268
Yikes! I was at Moosehead Lake earlier in the week. A little cool one morning, but the fish were biting and the bugs were not quite out yet.
DSC02241.JPG

Black flies are the worst. I grew up in prime BF territory and they were just horrible. They're not so bad where we live (not much running water) but mosquitos are brutal. Still, I'd rather deal with mosquitos than BFs.

The NH news said Maine got snow OMG I feel for you guys
That's why I wait to go to old orchard in August

Reactions: flyingcow
The NH news said Maine got snow OMG I feel for you guys
That's why I wait to go to old orchard in August

Old Orchard isn't Maine . . . ;) Went there once . . . never again . . . at least in the summer time.

Reactions: flyingcow and Knots
Old Orchard isn't Maine . . . ;) Went there once . . . never again . . . at least in the summer time.

Yep - as a general rule I don't go on that side of 95 between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

I was up in fort fairfield/easton area when this pic was taken. But over towards Portage lake up to eagle lake they got close to 5 inches. Even for up here, thats a bit of crazy weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.