Will my Thermopex fit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz Saw

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2014
Attica, Ohio
Pouring concrete in about a week and need some opinions.

Will Thermopex / LogStor slide up the tile at the current angle or should I make the tile "flatter"?

uploadfromtaptalk1458694298993.jpg

The blue lines are for water. One will be potable and the other is non potable water (pond water) for watering the garden, kids to play in etc.

It should go if you put a push cone over the end...maybe something like cutting the "cone" off of a 2 liter pop bottle, tape that onto the end of the Logstor. Depending on how long your run will be, you may want to send a rope though first so you can push n pull too

I'm guessing you are meaning the smaller tile? If so, I would also suggest pulling a rope through. My thermopex fought me pretty hard trying to get it through my garage floor.

I'm guessing you are meaning the smaller tile? If so, I would also suggest pulling a rope through. My thermopex fought me pretty hard trying to get it through my garage floor.
Yes the smaller tile. It's 8" so it's not that small. The big tile is to set my hydrants. After I have the hydrants set I'll backfill with 57's or 8's and put about 1" of concrete on top. Doing this will let me service the hydrants easily down the road.

I can't say for the logster but if you are using 1" thermopex you should be fine. Wouldn't hurt to pull a rope through it still though. Hate to get half way and everything bind up on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.