Will Texas close it out tonight..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Any prediction's?

Hoping the Cards pull it off to force another game but Rangers are starting off strong!

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Hoping the Cards pull it off to force another game but Rangers are starting off strong!

Go Texas, but I also would like it to be in 7.

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Any prediction's?

Texas - 5

Cards - 3

zap

Looks like it cold be a high scoring game! Texas 7 Cards 4 :cheese:

Yeah, I'd like to see Texas take the series, but I'd also like to see 7 games...so (difficult as it is for me) I'm actually rooting for the Cardinals tonight. Both clubs certainly know how to play the game, that's fer sure. Rick

It will be a lot nicer around here, and quieter, if my wife gets her way and the Cards win. It's a little noisy in the living room :cheese:

tfdchief said:
It will be a lot nicer around here, and quieter, if my wife gets her way and the Cards win. It's a little noisy in the living room :cheese:
At-least she not complaining about why X-factor not on.... :cheese:

Thrown out at third, shame.

zap

Woot wooot....6-4 I think maybe I should have put some cash on this.

smokinjay said:

It's looking good on your call, the card that was thrown out at third should be fired.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

It's looking good on your call, the card that was thrown out at third should be fired.

zap

There fielding not much better. I girls would have been embarrassed on those.

WOW! If you went to bed........Wow!

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

Walks, humped it up and throw that ball for strikes.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

Walks, humped it up and throw that ball for strikes.

zap
Yea thats what taught at the kinder garden level. Seems to hold true through out.

Two run dinger!

smokinjay said:
WOW! If you went to bed........Wow!

I did! I'm a total night owl and I've watched every game, but this week got the best of me and I went to bed :mad:

No such thing tonight. We've been coerced into dinner with friends, but home by the first pitch.

Last night was the best baseball game I've ever seen. Rick

fossil said:
Last night was the best baseball game I've ever seen. Rick

Well, it wasn't well pitched & defensively it was a mess, but for excitement,
I don't think anything since the "Carlton Fisk Game" in 75 comes close.
While there were a couple of nice defensive plays in between the errors,
it was offensive baseball the way it is supposed to be played...
May not see another WS game like that in MY lifetime...
Glad I took today off...
Let's see if either team has anything left for game 7...

You're absolutely right, and I knew even as I clicked on "Submit Post" that I should have clarified my statement. I meant primarily from an excitement & entertainment standpoint. Yes, there was some sloppy play and disappointing pitching. I've seen better technically played baseball. But the drama of last night's game, especially of the Cards being down to one strike away from losing it...not once, but twice...and scoring both times to keep the game going was something to see. From that standpoint, I've never seen a more gripping game. Rick

If yer gonna watch baseball, and you don't have a favorite team in the game, then a game like last night's is as good as it gets in my opinion. If the Sox were there I'd love a 47 - 0 score.

Status
Not open for further replies.