Will the Chain work ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
Without going into a long, dragged out story, a co-worker gave me a Chain for my saw (Stihl ms290 -Farmboss)....I'm running a 20" bar. What is on the saw now is a Stihl 26 RS 81 Rapid Super...specs are .325 - .063....the one that was given to me is an Oregon 20LPX081G....specs are ..325 - .050.....what do you think...will it work ? ~Thanks

no. not correctly. bar at .063 groove, chain at.050 thick drive link. you are looking for serious trouble if you were to use that chin on that bar, but hey, stitches are only about $5 each and about $1500 for ER care if you real lucky. Suggest you take out a term life policy of $10K, that will cover burial expenses.

Thanks....anybody in the Danbury/Bethel area want a new Chain ?

Me, me , pick me ,please!

Darn, won't fit gregbasia's saw....any other takers ?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.