Will this be safe (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
I am extending the hearth. Leaving to pick up the Micore as soon as the wife gets up. I am going with the liner and tee. It looks like the snout of the tee will just about be touching the top of the fireplace opening. Will this be ok. It "appears" to be masonry. I could alway move the stove back into the fireplace opening more, but that will hide the stove more, make the cleaning more difficult. What do you think is the best idea?

Attachments

• install 2.jpg
    install 2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 383
  • install 3.jpg
    install 3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 367
  • install 1.jpg
    install 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 385
You will be fine (read: safe!) with an install in this manner.
Looks like you may have some draft issues, tho, from the
amount of sooting on the face of the stone, although if you
do, it'll probably only be at the initial start up.
Also, I'd try wire brushing that soot to remove it.

radiant heat from back of stove will heat up the nook & the blck soot will make it more absorptive & hotter, try wash it off anyway. I'd try cover walls of the nook with al foil so to reflect the radiant heat. my stove is 6" from a masonry chimney which got extremely hot until i hung a piece of foil on the chimney, shiny side facing the stove

Status
Not open for further replies.