Will this draft inducer work for the Jorgensen Wood Gasifier?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I duct taped my shop vac motor to the top of the chimney and used my homade manometer to take some measurements at the base of the stack..

Fan on, primary and secondary inlets blocked off: 0.9" wc

Fan on, primary air inlet open: Not measurable

Fan on, secondary air inlet opem: 0.1" wc

So it appears that the unit flows quite well. I'll use these measurements to select a fan......

go, man, go!

ok, ordered this fan from Grainger: 1TDT3 http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?from=Search&newSrch=yes&operator=keywordSearch&search_type=keyword&action=Go!&QueryString=1tdt3&submit;.x=0&submit;.y=0

We'll see how it works out.

Running 220 to it will be a snap as I have it ran into my control panel already anyhow.....

I decided to go big because I don't know what kind of SP the stove will have once full of wood and the fan curve on grainger's site ends at .8 wc......

Status
Not open for further replies.