Will we ever see pellets back down to 200-225 a ton or lower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellets around western ny are anywhere from 200 to 268 a ton and thats delivered. You can't beat that price... I will never pay 300 a ton i would heat with propane first or go back to wood. I have over 60 acres so wood is not an issue (cutting, hauling,stacking etc... it is).

Thanks Jay. There was one more letter I had seen but can't seem to locate it. Anyways you found most of the info......

woodsman were are you finding them for 200? The cheapest I found was 260.

magsf11 said:
woodsman were are you finding them for 200? The cheapest I found was 260.

Call the number here and ask for Jim and his best pricing, 716-676-5242 OR 716-474-6882 they are Michigan wood pellets 220-240 a ton all hardwood. He delivers to buffalo for 15 bucks a ton more, also arcade lumber in arcade has dry creek for 205 a ton.

Thanks Woodsman

pearlset79 said:
i actually found pellets from Quebec which is just across the border from where i am in NY for 220/ton. they are LG Granules.....burned them last year and loved them!!! only 5 bucks more a ton than last year, so i feel lucky!!!!

What is the phone number/website of the place in Quebec? I live in Chazy and would like to contact them. I also sent you an email. Thanks.

I called Arcade Lumber last week and again today and they are still 265 cash or check and 275 credit. I was excited when I saw the post about 205 a ton and called right away. Is there a special going on for repeat customers?

Thanks

Adamztoys I just called and starting next tuesday they will be at 239 cash for a short time.

magsf11 said:
Adamztoys I just called and starting next tuesday they will be at 239 cash for a short time.

I picked up a ton for myself and a friend for 205.00 on march 26th. Arcade lumber, i have been dealing with them for 20 years so maybe we got a price break. The guy Jim that i gave the number for above has them for 240 a ton and cheaper if you buy more tonnage check with him for best pricing.

Any way I see it , It is cheeper that 265 or above.

For the first time in five years, it appears that I will not be prebuying cause there's no way I'm paying $300 for chipped wood in a plastic bag. Within the next four months, fuel oil prebuy prices will be set and if it's not $4 a gallon, I'll be returning to heating with oil.

minnow said:
For the first time in five years, it appears that I will not be prebuying cause there's no way I'm paying $300 for chipped wood in a plastic bag. Within the next four months, fuel oil prebuy prices will be set and if it's not $4 a gallon, I'll be returning to heating with oil.

Exactly

minnow said:
As long as oil is under $3 a gal, I wouldn't pay $300 for pellets either. Actually I refuse to pay over $225 for them, regardless of the price of oil.

BTW, thanks for digging that info up Jay!

Wet1 said:
BTW, thanks for digging that info up Jay!

No Problem, Looks like the wood burners are fine unless the nabor complains. New wood stoves that produce almost no smoke should be fine. May have an issue if you plan on one of those outside wood boilers though!

We will have to wait and see.
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.