Wilo pump / circulator anyone ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fi-Q

Feeling the Heat
Mar 5, 2009
Bonaventure, Quebec
Hi, been reading here for years. I am thinking of getting my basement radiant slab online for next fall, and maybe my staple under for 2nd story will be started and done by then as well.

So i am starting to look around with some HVAC dealer to get quote for my system. Basically, I want the electric boiler with everything ready for the eventual 7 zone that mt house / shop / DHW will require.

I Went to a home & improvement show last week end and there was a dealer there, talking a bit with the guys he said he installing mostly wilo pump.

I've never heard of Wilo before. the one he had at his stand was a Star 16 FX. Most of what I read was grundfos.

Are they good pump ? What do you guys think of them.

Will call the guy soon so he can come around and have a look at my plan and get me a quote for the 1 st step of my setup.

Thanks steelhead. Are you and installer ? Welcome the hearth.com !

They are suppost to be very efficient.

I used the Wilo 3 speeds in putting together my system. They appear to be _extremely_ well designed and well made and have been working very well for me. That said, one downside is that in the event of an unexpected failure, they're not necessarily an on-the-shelf item with local repair people/ supply options. In my situation I opted to buy one extra to have on hand for that possible contingency [I know that other pumps should swap in with flanges, but I also know that such things don't always go as smoothly as they are supposed to...]. Overall, I think that unless one is going to the high efficiency ECM or other "smart" pumps, there's probably a lot to be said for using a make and model that one can get on more of an "anywhere/ anytime" basis. I am not a pro and don't even try to play one on TV, but that's my $0.02.

Well, I guess it's worth giving the guy a call to see what he's got to offer with is Woliw pump.

Thanks everyone!!

Thank you for the welcome first of all, and yes i have been installing various types of heating/cooling equip since 99, mostly boilers. Had a great teacher heaterman is my father and taught me everything I know

Heaterman son !!! Cool, just by reading your dad's post, I am a lot less dumb on heating system. I am sure you re learning a lot if working with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.