wind damage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio woodburner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Monday of this week a storm rolled through and produced some firewood for me. Friend of mine from work had a elm come down so i helped him with that and got half the wood plus a decent sized cherry fell at my neighbors so the boy and i went over and cleaned that up for them for the wood.

Attachments

• 071101_2034[00].jpg
    071101_2034[00].jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 071101_2034[01].jpg
    071101_2034[01].jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 071101_2033[00].jpg
    071101_2033[00].jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 246
Nice way to use a back hoe! :cheese:

ohio woodburner said:
Monday of this week a storm rolled through and produced some firewood for me. Friend of mine from work had a elm come down so i helped him with that and got half the wood plus a decent sized cherry fell at my neighbors so the boy and i went over and cleaned that up for them for the wood.

Nice, I've never burned elm but cherry we burn quite a bit of.

zap

Ya, we watched that storm. Actually there were 2 of them. One looked like it would give us some decent rain, which we haven't had for almost a month now. It petered out just before it got to us but we did get enough to settle the dust for a couple hours. The second one is the one you got down there. The northern point was not too far south of us. We could see the dark clouds but that was all. But at least you got some firewood and got to help out a neighbor.

Yes Dennis we got about an inch of much needed rain. Its been pretty hot and dry. They claim another storm should be coming through this monday too. We were up in Jerome a couple of weeks ago and a few drops hit us. First time i felt rain in about a month lol

zapny said:
ohio woodburner said:

Nice, I've never burned elm but cherry we burn quite a bit of.

zap

Zap i havent burned much elm neither but I'll take it. We to burn alot of cherry although this one here has some poison ivy vines on it about a inch in diameter

ohio woodburner said:
i havent burned much elm neither but I'll take it. We to burn alot of cherry although this one here has some poison ivy vines on it about a inch in diameter
Elm's got decent BTU, about like Cherry but takes longer to dry.
I'd take that Ivy vine off before bucking. I cut through a vine one time and smeared the Ivy oil on the end of the rounds. Then I made the mistake of letting the ends of the rounds touch the inside of my forearms when I picked them up. I needed a cortisone shot that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.