Windhager 210/260 pellet capacity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdud

Burning Hunk
Sep 19, 2013
Franklin, MA
What is the capacity of a Windhager 210/260 pellet boilers internal hopper when you have the automatic suction feed installed?
I know the hoppers capacity is less if you don't have the suction feed installed.
I am waiting for a bulk pellet delivery and just want to make sure I don't run out.

I think it's a hundred pounds.

I looked at my records, and just about 8 bags squeezed into the day hopper without the vacuum unit. I think I remember Marc saying the vacuum unit takes up half,or 160 lbs. But that'd be filling by hand, etc. I don't know how much you can count on being there after the vacuum unit runs. Maybe 100 lbs is a good assumption. But, again, that'd still be after the vacuum unit runs. You're cutting it pretty close. I forget, do you have backup?

I just filled up the Windhager hopper with the suction and I don't have any pellets left loose or in my silo. I was told today was my bulk delivery, it is now tomorrow. I used 60lbs per day, over the last 3 days, over the last month my consumption is 45 - 75lbs a day. I should be good till tomorrow. If it looks low tomorrow I will I will suck out the pellets from my pellet stove and maybe get a bag of pellets. My backup is the pellet stove, electric heated bathroom floor with towel rad and propane heated garage. :)
I had not intended to "fly" this close.. I wish there were more bulk feeding suppliers.

seems like keeping a couple dozen bags around would be a good thing, especially since you have a pellet stove.

Marc replied a to an email I sent him, 4.5 bags or 180lbs, so velvetfoot your estimate was good. I just checked and I have used about 40lbs since I filled it up at 10.30am today, as long as they deliver Saturday I should be good. If it is 100lbs Karl, it will be close.
I don't ever intend getting bagged pellets, the dust and lugging them up and down the stairs is exercise I can do without. I don't want to say never, but I could always get some from friends or neighbors if the stores are out, in an emergency.

I wondered about the quantity on a bulk delivery that is ordered and not able to fit in bulk storage. Anyone have this happen if they ordered too soon?

The pressure increases on the delivery truck as the pellets are pumped into your storage when it is full.
I just tell them I want my silo filled and it is 3.3 tons and they stop when it is full.

Total capacity of the bin is 8 bags with about 5-6 usable.

Lol, bdud's probably out by now, unless the delivery man came. Nevertheless, I'd still be interested in how it turned out bdud.

Status
Not open for further replies.