Window Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonballcobb

Hearth Supporter
May 4, 2008
ATL
When installing a glass gasket, where is the best place to start for the gasket placement? Top, bottom, sides, or corner?

Thanks.

Hey, cannonballcobb

<>When installing a glass gasket, where is the best place to start for the gasket placement? Top, bottom, sides, or corner?<>

Depends on the style of gasket, I guess.
With the self adhesive tape gasket, I always start in the middle at the bottom...
With the round rope gasket, I always put a couple of goobs (technical term) of RTV or Furnace cement in the
corners & midway along the sides & start the gasket in one of the lower corners...

cannonballcobb said:
When installing a glass gasket, where is the best place to start for the gasket placement? Top, bottom, sides, or corner?

Thanks.

Depends on the door & glass actually.
On my Summit, I put the seam at the top center where it was hidden best. Find the spot it is less likely to see and start/finish there.
Make sure you cut the gasket a lil long, then butt the two ends together pressing the excess into the seam to make an air tight seal.

I am replacing my glass today and need to replace the gasket. Is this a standard size item (so i can go to the shop closest to me) or should I go to the dealer that carries Morso?

wendell said:
I am replacing my glass today and need to replace the gasket. Is this a standard size item (so i can go to the shop closest to me) or should I go to the dealer that carries Morso?

Take the old with you to match up.

IF all else fails read the instructions, your manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.