Windy Oslo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DTrain

Feeling the Heat
Nov 7, 2012
Stow, MA
For the first time, I can hear the stove. Sounds windy. When I get near the stove, the sound is coming from the inlet. When I cover it the sound dies a bit. The stove is fully loaded and is full air. 400f and climbing. Any ideas why I can hear it now? Normal or not?

I'll hear the change in draft when near the stove if it is windy outside at times. For my stove, If I watch carefully I'll see the flame from the dog house air inlet ignite like a blow torch on and off, and that is audible as well.

pen

When my draft is really pulling and my stove has a full load, fully engaged, I can hear the air moving through the stove. It does sound a little weird, but I guess its normal as I have heard other people here say that can get this sound from an Oslo under the fully loaded with a strong draft. I thing the stove was at about 600 F.

Sounds normal. I hear the air rushing past the intake valve when my stove is going strong and the air control is closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.