Winner of the Wood Stove Design Challenge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Wood Stove Design Challenge: Woodstock Wins the Grand Prize!

After a lot of hard work from a dedicated team, Woodstock Soapstone's Ideal Steel Hybrid was awarded the Grand Prize at the Wood Stove Design Challenge!

The above was copied from the Woodstock Blog

http://blog.woodstove.com/2013/11/wood-stove-design-challenge-woodstock.html

I'll be posting more later but wanted to let everyone know that the Ornery one and I made it safely home from Washington DC where the Design Challenge final was held. Fortunately we had the pleasure of meeting many folks from hearth.com and we are very thankful for that. Perhaps Craig or someone else has a thread going but I have not yet been able to look so just wanted to make this post.

When we arrived home we found that Iliniois was not the only state that was hit with storms but for sure they were hit worse. We had no electric when we arrived home Monday night so it was interesting. With a 600+ mile drive that day then having to get electric to freezers, refrigerator, water pump, etc was a bit more of a struggle when it has to be done after dark. But the first thing we did was to get a fire going in the Fireview. By the time we hit the sack, the house was up to 70 degrees so we did not freeze.

But my congratulations go out to Tom Morrissey and his wonderful crew at Woodstock. It was an honor to be there with them. The prize was well earned.

Although we were not able to attend the party with Craig, BrotherBart, Begreen and Daksy and the rest of the gang, we were blessed with meeting most of them at the design challenge and they put on a nice presentation. Thanks go to Craig and the moderators.

Reactions: northwinds
Thanks Craig. The pleasure was ours!

Welcome back Dennis. Good to finally get to meet you. And especially the Ornery One. As well as the Gearhead gang and the other designers. Glad you made it home safely and sorry to hear about the power outage.

Thanks BB. It was our pleasure!

Way to go Woodstock! Be safe Dennis, hope everything is alright.

Thanks Todd. I kept looking for you but never found you there.

All is well again. Now we have power and can even get on the Internet. But I'm really beat and am going to bed. Good night!

Nice meeting you Dennis.

Tom

Go Woodstock!! Not too surprising that you won ;)

Congrats to Woodstock and really to all of the participants.

It was an investment in time, resources and money to get everyone there and let's face it, this didn't make the national news on any TV station in my area. :)

This type of activity allows the industry to share ideas and problem solving to the benefit of all woodburners. world wide.

I love this picture.

"Where is the smoke? This is a treemont right?"

20burn3_inline-popup.jpg

Dennis, Thanks for the update on who won!

I am glad the most complete solution won.

I wish I could have made it as I was the big cheer leader on this competition back in its early stages.

But with 2 kids in College I thought it was wiser to not have the expense.

I wish I could have met you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.