Winslow PI40 ignitor problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Nov 21, 2014
Connecticut
So, I have had my pellet stove for three years now. I bought it used and it was in great shape. My only problem seems to be that I replace the ignitor every year. Is this normal? I constantly keep the stove clean so I don't think it's an airflow issue. Also, would I be burning out the ignitor by running the stove off a thermostat?

Welcome to the forum ... sorry no one answered. Using a thermostat is generally harder on ignitors - more ignition cycles. In your cleaning procedure, do you vacuum out around the ignitor routinely? Have you been using manufacturer replacements or other? Hopefully someone will chime in with more experience....

Status
Not open for further replies.