Winslow PI40 Pellet Insert- won't start?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mort439

Jan 28, 2012
Western Ma
Hi, I have a PI40 insert that recently stopped igniting the pellets. I cleaned out the burn pot a couple of times with the same result. The control panel states it is an ignitior problem? I checked the fuse and it seems fine. No burn marks or dark color. I am going to change it anyways but I think it could be the ignitor itself. I did check to see if the ignitor was as far in towards the burn pot as possible and it was in that position. I guess my question is how difficult is it to exchange the ignitor? Also where would I purchase one? This stove says it is a country Stove but its model is a winslow. Any idea's would be very helpful. I saw this site and needed to be a member. I would appreciate the assistance. Thanks.....

pretty easy on that unit. igniter is in a tube, held in to another tube with a pipe clamp. loosen clamp, pull igniter out from the back, unplug fancy connectors, plug in new one, slide into tube, tighten clamp, pat self on back for job well done. Hard part is getting the unit out far enough to get your hands and arms in there.

Replaced ignitor and it works like a charm! Replaced fuse also just for piece of mind, lol... Not real hard to do. Just very tight getting your hands in to work out the ignitor... I took off the fan and the side metal flap of the stove which gave me some extra room. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.